Posted by: Michelle | June 16, 2007

First Altered Composition Book

Well, I tried my hand at making an altered composition book. I decided to use papers from Daisy Ds Gypsy Harvest Collection. Other than that, I kept it pretty simple. Here are the results:

Altered Comp Book Front  Altered Comp Book Back  Altered Comp Book Binding

I like how it turned out. I think it is rather pretty. I did learn at least one lesson. The directions that I found suggested using a spray adhesive. I didn’t have one, but I wish that I had. Otherwise it is difficult to get the adhesive all of the way to the edges which I have found is important. If you don’t get it all the way to the edges, you run the risk of the paper catching on something and tearing.

For my next one, I will most likely include more embellishments like ribbons and stuff, but for this one, I wanted to just focus on getting the papers on the book.

Advertisements

Responses

  1. […] First Altered Composition Book В« Scrappy Hours Jun 16, 2007 … First Altered Composition Book. Well, I tried my hand at making an altered composition book. … […]


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Categories

%d bloggers like this: